At Edelman Financial Engines, we believe every hardworking American deserves to move their financial life forward, and we’re growing our team, so we can help more clients every day.
As a Client Service Associate in our Bethesda, MD location, you’ll provide full support to one or more Financial Planners, ensuring and enhancing client satisfaction through direct contact with clients, vendors, and other operational employees.
We are looking for someone with financial services industry experience to help us deliver superior service by building and nurturing the client relationship, as well as performing all related administrative functions. If you have exceptional client service and communication skills, with a good understanding of finance, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Coordinate client meetings, including greeting clients, appointment preparation, and supporting the completion of required paperwork
- Provide superior client service by handling all incoming client requests and following-through to ensure client’s needs are met
- Monitor client account activity, researching and resolving issues
- Prepare and review all new account paperwork to ensure documents are complete and in good order
- Verify accounts are traded into the correct model and aid operation teams as needed; track incoming rollovers, other investment funding, and transfers to ensure that all applicable accounts moved as expected
- Document key client milestones and other important data into systems that will assist in future client interactions
- Maintain risk awareness and compliance; identify problems in a timely manner while complying with standard resolution policy, the established corporate process, and regulatory procedures
- Support the firm’s initiatives, assist with any company-wide projects and activities, and attend functions as needed
- Participation in projects, task forces, councils, and product rollouts to ensure CSA voice is represented
- Two years of industry experience (Registered Investment Advisor or Broker/Dealer) is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience preferred
- Good understanding of finance and investment markets/securities
- Exceptional client service skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills required
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and work with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Position requires a high level of confidentiality
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interest of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors – not just the wealthy – deserve access to personalized, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews1 and Barron’s2 with 170+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.2 million clients to manage more than $213 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated personal financial planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
For California residents, please see the link for the Privacy Notice for Candidates. California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal information. Please read it carefully and reach out to Jill O’Connell (857-305-8555 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Edelman Financial Engines encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital, domestic partner, or civil union status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, ethnic heritage, genetic information, age, legally recognized disability, military service or veteran status.
1 Ranking and status for 2019. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/); 2 The 2019 Top 50 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.