Make a difference where it counts by joining our Financial Center team at Bank of America. We're looking for the next generation of client service representatives (formally known as tellers) - those with a passion for people and creating a positive client experience in every interaction.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND'S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company Overview: Bank of America
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. We deliver this through a strategy of responsible growth that includes a focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership.
We are driving growth - helping to create jobs, develop communities, foster economic mobility and address society's biggest challenges - while managing risk and providing a return to our clients and our shareholders. Because we recognize that we can only be successful when the individuals, companies, communities and employees we serve are able to reach their vision of success.
At Bank of America, customers are at the center of everything we do. Our focus is on helping each one find the right financial solutions. We invite you to realize your career goals with us while assisting customers with what matters most to them.
Job Description: Client Service Representative (Teller)
At Bank of America, we're guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our Financial Center team at Bank of America. We're looking for the next generation of client service representatives (formally known as tellers) - those with a passion for people and creating a positive client experience in every interaction.
As part of the Bank of America team, client service representatives (CSRs) go beyond processing transactions - you'll build relationships with clients to understand their financial goals, identify solutions that will benefit them and connect them to the appropriate teammate who can provide education and solutions to help them live their best financial lives. CSRs work in a financial center and report to the financial center manager.
We'll help you:
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from your manager who is invested in your success. You'll enroll in our Academy for Consumer and Small Business to develop as a client service representative.
• Learn core banking solutions and processes. Understand solutions we provide through Bank of America and how to process transactions such as client deposits and cashing checks accurately.
• Grow your network to maximize effectiveness in meeting client needs. Cultivate relationships with teammates and specialists to assist clients with inquiries and/or problem resolution.
• Provide education to clients. Inform and educate clients on how to conduct simple transactions through convenient banking options, such as online banking, mobile banking and ATMs, that benefit them.
• Adhere to policies and procedures through education of regulatory policies, employee and client safety procedures and service delivery guidelines.
As a client service representative, you can look forward to:
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills.
• Access to our internal Career Path Tool to explore opportunities for career growth.
• A world-class suite of employee benefits.
You're a person who (required skills):
• Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients' financial lives.
• Communicates effectively and confidently with all clients.
• Works well with others and collaborates productively to get things done.
• Can manage complexity, prioritize tasks and execute in a fast-paced environment.
• Has the ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
• Is thorough and provides careful attention to detail.
• Will follow established processes and guidelines in daily activities to do what is right for clients and the bank, adhering to all applicable laws and regulations.
• Is comfortable asking clients about their financial goals and introducing services and products that will meet their needs.
• Has a minimum six months of client service experience in financial services, retail sales or another results-driven environment.
• Has a minimum of six months of experience offering solutions and services based on the client's needs.
• In lieu of six months of client service experience, has previously completed the Bank of America financial center internship program.
• Can be flexible to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed.
• Is proficient in basic computer skills.
You'll be better prepared if you have (desired skills):
• A minimum of six months in a role that involved handling/managing cash.
We're a culture that:
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Compensation and Benefits:
Part time, up to 30 hours per week
Various Chicagoland locations
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland's Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.