Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
- Develop a deep understanding of Foursquare’s developer platform and its underlying implementations of our SDK and API developer products.
- Manage technical relationship with partners
- Gather technical requirements from partners and proactively manage technical expectations for new features in development
- Communicate with our product and engineering teams; help them to understand larger issues we should be solving in our platform
- Troubleshoot partner technical issues in real-time
- Develop sample code, tools, and documentation to help segment scale
- 1-2+ years in software development (including internships), or experience as a Sales Engineer
- Must demonstrate solid, in-depth understanding of API and SDK integration and support
- Experience building applications or services using variety of 3rd parties (AWS, Heroku, Azure, Facebook, Google Cloud, etc)
- Exposure to building out commercial software using at least one of the following languages: Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java
- Previous experience with SaaS marketing and sales tools, is a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Economics/Statistics, or related field