CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This role serves as customer advocate enriching customer experience through customer lifecycle. Support structure is primarily response-oriented to customers’ needs and highly active. Focusing on the mid to lower tier customer segment with higher churn tendencies, efforts include growing revenue through renewals and mitigating churn through responding to customer needs. While majority of daily activities is reactionary, there are “Select” accounts (i.e. Top Biller) identified (1 to 3 per module) requiring some proactive support.
- Prioritize and effectively manage customer requests and inquiries throughout lifecycle resulting in revenue retention and customer churn reduction
- Perform internal bill reviews on all revenue impacting orders validating services match order and contract; initiate a billing disputes as necessary and support downstream credits accordingly
- Monitor and assist in managing Early Term Liabilities (ETL’s) waivers, ensuring ETL customer charges are valid and accurate
- Negotiate credits directly with customers while representing company’s best interests and working within financial guidelines; provide necessary approval for business decision credits
- Provide assigned customers service inventories and spend as requested
- Communicate with account team and customer regarding renewal opportunities and re-rates, clarify and appropriately message customer options while minimizing revenue writedowns
- Validate customer contacts and encourage customer to complete relationship surveys
- Assess customer risk (i.e. leverage internal churn score) while offering appropriate customer treatment minimizing churn tendencies
For “Select” customers only:
- Support customer onboarding through promoting and influencing customer to self-serve through customer handbook and portal, educate customer on account team and internal contacts
- Single point of contact for life-cycle events: When customer has questions regarding their account, general day to day questions, their CSM should be who they call
- Conduct inventory service audits for customers
- Facilitates Customer Business/Service Reviews by working with the account team to provide an overall review of the account based on the customer’s needs; work to resolve any concerns that come from the review
- Advocate on-net migrations by initiating customer conversation and promoting benefits of on-net services
- Review Service Assurance process and provide escalation lists; available for any escalation needs throughout our relationship to enable continuity of your overall services
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (General Business Skills):
- General knowledge of marketing principles and processes.
- Good Phone Skills
- Conflict Management/Dispute Resolution
- Conversation skills/Interpersonal Skills
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Active Listening
- PC Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Telecommunications preferred.
- Demonstrated success in telecommunications sales to end-user customers, including strategic and large business customer using relationship management and system sales concepts.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Business or Marketing
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Miami
Requisition #: 217596
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.