MHS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve people’s lives and instill hope by providing cost-effective community- based mental health, drug and alcohol recovery, and housing services. We continually seek new and improved ways of serving our clients and communities.
The Clinical Case Manager provides case management services to clients who are difficult to engage and may deny the need for mental health services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Provides service coordination/case management for an assigned group of clients including coordinating and monitoring activities of the treatment team; Cooperates with Program Supervisor and Program Manager in rotating client visits/assignments with the treatment team.
• Develops, evaluates, and implements treatment goals and plans in conjunction with the treatment team.
• Provides individual supportive coaching in all areas of clients’ life including education of symptom management in consultation with Psychiatrist and ACT nurses.
• Performs psycho social and risk assessments; Maintains a daily log of client contacts.
• Introduces clients to Common Ground software, assisting clients in completing the Common Ground Health Report before medical office visits; Provides brokerage, linkage and advocacy to ensure resources and services are accessed in a timely manner; Provides community-based services in client’s residence, as needed.
• Provides support to all clients including on-call crisis intervention covering nighttime and weekend hours.
• Conducts and oversees psycho educational groups as directed by Program Supervisor/Manager.
• Performs shift management duties in coordination with other ACT staff as directed by Program Supervisor/Manager.
• Functions as assistant to shift manager when assigned; Follows administrative chain of command.
• Complies with all charting and documentation requirements per contract, funding agency, and MHS policy; Prepares critical care issues for discussion during supervision and Daily Organizational Meetings.
• Collects necessary client demographic data and enters it on the MHS Treatment Team Services Data Collection Form.
• Provides information about the program to community agencies connected to the mental health services system.
• Comply with all MHS and program rules, policies and procedures including HIPAA standards.
• Must meet one of the following:
-Master’s degree in a behavioral science and at least two years of experience providing clinical services to individuals with mental illness; license eligible with Board registration, preferred; OR
-Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science and at least three years of experience providing case management services to individuals with mental illness.
• Ability to provide effective counseling, therapy, and clinical services
• Valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation and current auto insurance per contract requirements
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and EHR software
• Ability to problem solve and react appropriately to emergency situations
• Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team
• Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and solve problems in a timely manner
• Must be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and orally, with employees, management and co-workers
• Highly organized, thorough and able to self-monitor work for quality
• Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, timely respond to management, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Starting salary is $25/hour
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years
Salary: 25.00 Hourly