Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Clinic Administrative Supervisor to:
- Ensure the effective operation of the day to day activities of the patient scheduling staff in the clinic.
- Plan, organize, schedule, train, monitor workloads and develop staff.
Minimum - High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred - Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, or other business-related field
Minimum - Three (3) years of progressive leadership responsibilities with experience working in Hospital Access Services, Revenue Cycle, Clinic Operations, or other related field
- Supervisory experience in Access Services, Registration, Patient Accounting or Clinic Operations
- EPIC/Healthlink Experience
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic patient care principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and the ability to effectively utilize software applications including spreadsheet development and database development and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn UWHC policies and procedures.
- Evidence of excellent organizational and time management abilities. Experience developing schedules, work assignments, work rules and policies is essential.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of individuals including nurses, physicians, patients and their families.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers for entering appointment information and patient billing.
- Ability to work under pressure in stressful environment and make decisions.
- Effective leadership abilities. Ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction to lower level support staff.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and ant-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, women, and LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/vets.
100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.