The Clinic Assistant- Long-Term Temporary Worker will provide administrative support to staff in the district Health Services Department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill to screen calls from and convey information to parents and district staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be resourceful, and to prioritize heavy workloads with organization and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with district staff, students and the general public.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current certification in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- No direct reports.
1. Complete various clerical tasks assigned by the campus nurse which may include the following:
- Conduct state mandated screening including height, weight, vision, hearing, spinal, and acanthosis nigricans and document results on student electronic medical records
- Document daily clinic visits, immunization information, and other medical data in student electronic medical records
- Complete accident forms on campus S: drive for any accident requiring medical attention
- Compile information for semester clinic reports and annual state reports for screening and immunization compliance
2. Assist the campus nurse with clinical procedures delegated by the campus nurse or assigned by the campus principal.
3. Provide first aid to ill and injured students.
4. Assist school nurse to maintain a clean and well-organized clinic.
5. Manage the clinic independently when a campus nurse is unavailable.
6. Attend training or staff meetings as assigned by Health Services or campus principal.
7. Report to assigned campus according to district employee hours set for that campus.
8. Notify Health Services of unplanned absences.
9. Submit personal business day requests to Health Services in accordance with CFISD policy.
10.Perform other related duties or functions as assigned by the director of health services, campus principal, or supervising campus nurse.
1. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in an office setting.
2. Ability to stand and/or walk-through campus/department locations.
3. Must be able to push, pull, life and carry items up to 15 pounds at times.
Are you a member of (TRS)? If so, please contact TRS at 1-800-223-8778 before applying to this opportunity.
Notice to TRS Retirees:
Depending on your individual date of retirement, you may have restrictions on the number of hours allowed to work each month without loss of annuity and incurring payroll and/or TRS Care surcharges. Therefore, we are advising that all retirees contact TRS to discuss their individual restrictions, if any, in order to make good decisions prior to accepting any position with CFISD. It is ultimately the responsibility of each retiree to be aware of his/her status to prevent any loss of funds.
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time temporary at-will assignment anticipated to end May 31, 2021; however, the length of the temporary assignment will be determined based on project needs. This position pays into the Teacher Retirement System (TRS).
Applications will be reviewed.
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.