Clinic Dental Assistant
Reports to: Dentist/Practice Manager
Office Location: Bronx, NY
The dental assistant is responsible for assisting the dentists and dental hygienist in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients. The dental assistant is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and inventory of dental instruments and supplies, and laboratory duties.
Schedule: Tuesday and Thursday - 8:30am-4:30pm (more days may be added in the future)
- Assist in the delivery of quality and compassionate care to patients under direct supervision of the dentist
- Prepare operatory, dental instruments and materials for patient treatment
- Provide four-handed chairside assistance to support patient care
- Complete accurate documentation of patient information, treatment plans and procedures in patient record
- Safely operate radiographic equipment and expose dental x-rays
- Comply with and practice acceptable infection control and sterilization techniques
- Maintain equipment and dental supply inventory
- Maintain laboratory and lab cases
- Follow established safety/risk management practices in performing duties
- Member of the quality assurance/risk management committee
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned
- Superior knowledge of dentistry and dental terminology
- Minimum 1-year experience as a Dental Assistant
- Certified Dental Assistant (preferred)
- Current BLS certification
- Experience with digital x-rays
- Valid State ID
Smile New York Outreach is a leader in providing in-school dental care to the children of New York. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children in New York who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Smile New York Outreach provides preventive and restorative care to children throughout the State of New York.
Tooth decay is the most common, and preventable disease among children, more common than asthma. In fact, each year, over 51 million school hours are lost due to oral health related issues.
Smile New York Outreach affiliates with New York State licensed dentists, hygienists and dental assistants who use state-of-the-art portable equipment to provide all services onsite, directly in the school. Classrooms, auditoriums or other school venues are literally transformed into fully functional dental offices for the day. Our expertise, and our highly qualified staff, enables us to bring exceptional care with minimal disruption to the normal school routine.
Given the ongoing lack of access for many underserved children throughout New York, our services are in great demand and we are always looking for caring, compassionate professionals to join our team and play their part in making a difference in the lives of today's underserved children.
Rewarding Work. Competitive Compensation. Smile New York Outreach.
Smile New York Outreach is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.