Assists physician with patient care, takes vital signs, completes registration process, collects patient identification and demographics, answer phones, schedules appointments and maintains fax queue.
- Collects patient identification and demographics, HIPAA forms, insurance information, collects co-pay.
- Documents indicated signs/symptoms and consent for treatment.
- Completes and maintains registration process.
- Schedules appointments, tests and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes.
- Documents vital signs, patient response to intervention/therapy and test results.
- Maintains fax queue
- Sends patient communication regarding appointments/tests/procedures.
- Receives/distributes mail, answers phones, screens and directs caller’s retrieves records from storage; and maintains reception/waiting area.
- Prepares, maintains and files/scans records.
Education/Experience: Successful completion of a nurse assistant training program or Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program; knowledge of general nursing assistant functions.
Certificates and Licenses: Current nursing assistant certification in the State of Kansas or Certified Medical Assistant; BLS certification required or must complete BLS certification with in the first thirty days of employment.