Face to Face Health and Counseling is a non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of youth ages 11–24. We offer health care, counseling, and programs for homeless youth. The Clinic Operations Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the clinic department including the medical, mental health, case management, and clinic administrative teams.
This is a full-time position at 37.5 hours/week.
- Provide leadership and oversight of daily department functions.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels on all teams to provide excellent service to clients and maximize revenue.
- Develop and implement systems and policies to increase efficiency, increase access for clients, and foster cross-team collaboration.
- Work closely with the staff and Director of Programs in creating and implementing appropriate new programming that meets the needs of our target population.
- Ensure that barriers to services for clinic patients are reduced or eliminated.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices, healthcare, and trends, and update policies as needed.
- Ensure that all clinic operations meet the highest standards of care to ensure health equity for all clients.
- Develop and implement long term strategic goals for the clinic and participate in organizational strategic planning.
- Provide leadership regarding strategic direction and integration of program services in collaboration with other organization leaders.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with other clinics and community services.
- Monitor written documentation of client care to ensure accurate and timely records.
Staff Management and Leadership:
- Attract, empower, train, and supervise a diverse staff.
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, and training of department staff.
- Provide direct supervision of the program supervisors: Health Care Access, Medical Clinic, Mental Health, and Case Management.
- Provide performance evaluation for assigned staff, including goal setting, professional development, performance improvement, and assessment of training needs.
- Identify and resolve staffing problems and conflicts.
Financial and Grant Management:
- Work with the development department team to develop grant funding proposals.
- Oversee implementation of all clinic department grants including budget management, work plan implementation, data collection, and reporting.
- Work with Director of Finance to develop and manage the annual clinic budget, including contributing to revenue predictions and managing expenses.
- Monitor the financial performance of the clinic by monitoring patient charges, assessing appropriate coding of visits, tracking expenses and inventory, and monitoring client insurance rates.
Compliance and Safety:
- Ensure staff maintain client confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA, organization policies, and applicable laws, regulations and ethical standards
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and legislation related medical and mental health programming (e.g., minor consent, OSHA, CLIA, CCTS, etc.).
- Maintain current knowledge of professional licensing and scope of practice requirements for clinical staff, ensuring that staff maintain required licenses and credentials.
- Ensure all staff are working within their appropriate scope of practice.
- Provide leadership and follow up with regard to incidents, errors, and other patient service issues as needed.
- Oversee appropriate actions related to safety and emergency preparedness.
- Ensure all services are provided guided by the evidence-based principles for helping youth overcome homelessness; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, human services, health administration, business administration, mental health, nursing, or other related fields and/or a minimum of five (5) years management experience. Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Experience in supervision with strong people management and team work skills to effectively work through conflict, lead change, and motivate staff.
- Ability to think strategically about the organization, its mission, and operations.
- Program development, strategic planning, and system-based organization skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, coordinate schedules, and manage details.
- Attention to detail with consistent focus on the bigger picture.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, use time effectively, work under stress, and intervene appropriately in crisis situations.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse ethnic, economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to perform the duties outlined in the job description.
- Combination of clinic and office environment requiring use of office equipment, including computer.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and current automobile insurance required.
Appropriate accommodations for physical demands will be made for individuals with disabilities.
Face to Face offers benefits which include health, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, 403b account as well as generous PTO and paid holidays.
Face to Face is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse groups, including persons of color, people with disabilities, and the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.