Providence is calling a Registered Nurse – Clinic to Providence Health Services in Lacey, WA.
We are seeking a Clinic Registered Nurse to be a leader of the health care team with a comprehensive educational background in the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate all aspects of patient care and family teaching. The Registered Nurse also has leadership skills which enable him/her to delegate and coordinate the continuum of care. The Registered nurse assists in orientation, training, and education of personnel as well as the day to day operations of the clinic.
In this position you will:
- Effectively implement Standard Universal Precautions.
- Triage patients and communicate urgent patient needs to provider.
- Anticipate the needs of the patient and provider during the exam.
- Draw blood; perform EKG’s, laboratory and x-rays; assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training and established procedures.
- Insure patient privacy and comfort during the exam; instruct patients in the collection of samples and other tests.
- Obtain body fluid specimens as appropriate for services rendered.
- Arrange for patient testing, referrals, and/or hospital admission as appropriate.
- Administer medications and start intravenous lines as directed.
- Delegate tasks to other caregivers as license permits.
- Provide patient mobility assistance as necessary
- Inform patients of lab results, call in prescriptions to pharmacies and return providers phone messages.
- Insure the patient and family understands follow-up and referral information.
- Document all procedures and interactions in patient’s medical record according to established protocols.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to standard practices.