Seeking a Certified Medical Assistant or Clinical Athletic Trainer that will assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a Peachtree Orthopedics physicians. Duties to include casting, splinting, and assisting with in-office procedures in a fast-paced environment.
This position is a Full-Time float position that travels to any of our 8 clinic locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Escorts patients to the exam area and prepare for the exam.
- Interviews patients to determine medical problem/condition and documents in e-chart.
- Obtains and records patientâ€™s vital signs and weight.
- Assists physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patients.
- Collects samples, such as urine and blood from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples.
- Obtains patient's history and orders x-rays.
- Schedules diagnostic studies/surgery.
- Prepares and assist with injections/aspirations.
- Prepares specimen for laboratory and complete required forms.
- Application/removal of casts, splints, braces.
- Performs dressing changes and remove sutures/staples.
- Fits DME E-charge, and/or Physical Therapy referral.
- Maintains stock within modules.
- Provides patients with educational materials regarding
- Directions for self-care and mobility related to the disease.
- Diagnostic studies
- Ensures compliance with OSHA standards regarding bloodborne pathogens.
- Prepares prescriptions for signature and e-prescribe.
- Coordinates work in appointments.
- Schedules pre and post-op appointments.
- Communicates schedule changes and clinic cancellations to team members.
- Monitors biohazardous waste and prepare for disposal.
- Obtains x-ray and imaging results and store in ECHOES
- Imports outside discs into ECHOES.
- Obtains diagnostic results from the appropriate sources.
- Serves as liaison between patient and physician.
- Coordinates consultations with other physicians.
- Provides staff coverage for other clinical personnel.
- Completes applications for Handicap parking permits, FMLA, Disability forms, and Work excuses.
- Documents all aspects of visit in Athena to include 'Meaningful Use' criteria.
- Schedules all OR cases and maintain surgery schedule.
- Responsible for all patient phone calls (clinical) insuring proper documentation in Athena of action taken/advice given.
- Telephones and/or sends eRx prescriptions to the pharmacy on MD request/approval.
- Notifies manufacturerâ€™s reps of surgical cases to ensure correct implants available in OR.
- Coordinates special equipment, bone graft, etc., needed for surgery.
- At end of clinic:
- Wipes tables, changes pillowcases, straightens items in the room.
- General Office:
- Attend meetings and perform duties as requested.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) for Medical Assistant. One to three years of related experience in the Medical field. Orthopedic experience preferred.
Bachelor's Degree required for ATC.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) Certified or certified as an Athletic Trainer (ATC), American Heart Association's Certification - BLS Certified
Powered by JazzHR