Seeking a Clinical Medical Assistant that will assist in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a busy Peachtree Orthopedics Surgeon.
This is a Full Time float position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Escorts patients to exam area.
- Performs intake with patients (including medical and other relevant history), documents vital signs and current medications.
- Obtains patient's orthopedic history and orders x-rays.
- Schedules diagnostic studies/surgery.
- Prepares and assists with injections/aspirations.
- Completes all orders for imaging, therapy, surgery, medication and DME.
- Dispenses medication via in house pharmacy.
- Prepares blood, urine and aspirate specimens for laboratory and completes required forms.
- Applies cast, splints, braces as directed by MD or mid-level provider.
- Performs dressing changes and removes sutures/staples.
- Educates patients on proper use of DME, surgical precautions and plan of care.
- Serves as liaison between patient and physician, answers patient phone calls in a timely manner.
- Completes forms for handicap parking permits, FMLA, disability, work/school excuses and worker's compensation status.
- Schedules surgery and coordinates implants or special equipment/biologics with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program, orthopedic experience strongly preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current medical assistant certification preferred. Current CPR certification preferred.