Seeking a Clinical Athletic Trainer that will assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a busy Peachtree Orthopedics Surgeon.
This position is a Full-Time position that will float between our Buckhead clinic and College Park clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Escorts patients to the exam area.
- Performs intake with patients (including medical and other relevant history), documents vital signs and current medications.
- Obtains patient's orthopedic history and orders x-rays.
- Schedules diagnostic studies/surgery.
- Prepares and assists with injections/aspirations.
- Completes all orders for imaging, therapy, surgery, medication, and DME.
- Dispenses medication via in house pharmacy.
- Prepares blood, urine, and aspirate specimens for laboratory and completes required forms.
- Applies cast, splints, braces as directed by MD or mid-level provider.
- Performs dressing changes and removes sutures/staples.
- Educates patients on the proper use of DME, surgical precautions, and plan of care.
- Serves as liaison between patient and physician answers patient phone calls in a timely manner.
- Completes forms for handicap parking permits, FMLA, disability, work/school excuses, and worker's compensation status.
- Schedules surgery and coordinates implants or special equipment/biologics with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training, Master's degree, and orthopedic clinic and experience with EMR documentation preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Board-certified as an Athletic Trainer (ATC) with a valid license in the state of Georgia, and current CPR/BLS certification.