Under the direction of the Practice Manager and Chief of Child Psychiatry, the Psychologist provides clinical services to patients, couples, and families being treated in Outpatient Behavioral Health. Demonstrates doctorate level knowledge of developmental stages, personality structure and development, mental health diagnoses, current treatment modalities, and psychological testing methods.Clinical responsibilities include conducting intake interviews to obtain patient history information, contributing diagnostic information, making preliminary diagnoses, and participating in the development of an interdisciplinary assessment and treatment plan which will typically include developmental pediatric input, psychological testing, individual insight-oriented or interactive psychotherapy, family therapy, and collaboration with outside agencies (e.g., public and private schools, daycare centers, mental health agencies, child advocacy groups), and contributions by other psychological disciplines.
1) Provides age appropriate treatment to patients.
2) Evaluates patients to assess presenting problem, contributing history, and current mental status.
3) Develops behaviorally specific treatment plans including measurable treatment goals.
4) Completes all documentation related to treatment in the clinical record according to established standards consistent with NCQA guidelines.
5) Manages the necessary documentation and provides the information required by third party payers to secure reimbursement.
6) Conducts meetings with families, significant others and other service providers as delineated in the treatment plan.
7) Provides psychological testing as requested or necessary for assessment or treatment purposes.
8) Provides strategic information and input to the Practice Manager as needed for service quality evaluation, and program development.
9) As supported by the Practice Manager or Chief Child Psychiatry, participates in teaching activities and academic activities, which may include the clinical supervision of practicum students, post doctoral students and other clinicians as requested.
10) Participates in other special activities of the department as requested by the Practice Manager.
11) Observes all health and safety requirements.
12) Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
13) Management has the right to add or change to the job responsibilities at any time.
Required Work Experience:
1) Experience in providing treatment in outpatient mental health settings
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Experience working with individuals with trauma histories
What You Will Need:
+ Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
+ Licensure in MA or license eligible in MA
Skills and Compentencies
1) Knowledge of medical terminology and of health care systems
Doctor of Psychology: Clinical Psychology (Required)
Licensed Psychologist - State of Massachusetts
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
+ Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
+ Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
+ Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
+ Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
+ Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield