Apex Systems is looking to hire a Clinical Contracts Associate II to join the team with one of our major biotech companies in Foster City! ***If you are interested in the role please email your most up-to-date resume to Austin Scrivner @ firstname.lastname@example.org***
Why Work with Apex Systems?
- You get paid every Friday.
- You get the benefits you need.
- You get to work with amazing recruiters that are there to get you a job!
Job Title: Clinical Contracts Associate II
Location: Foster City, CA
- The Development Business Operations Associate II will require the ability to apply critical and analytical thinking to supplier onboarding and the administration of accurate and timely clinical payments to investigators participating in our Sponsored clinical trials in a high volume, fast paced environment with a strong focus on being the Sponsor of Choice to our investigators and Partner of Choice to our suppliers.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge and understanding of GCP, ICH, GLP and other local and federal tax regulations
- Provide contract and payment administration support to include the following: Invoice Coordination, Invoice review, expense account coding, and review routing.
- Requires strong attention to detail, a high level of organization, and experience and aptitude to understand and utilize accounting systems.
- Payment reconciliation includes the ability to research and review site payment data and determine payment status, determine if over or under payment has occurred, and answer site and GSI team queries. Requires in-depth and often complex investigation of payment discrepancies and thorough, yet efficient communication.
- Mastery of propriety clinical tracking system and ability to review and understand payment schedules and terms enter data and generate site payments on determined cycles.
- Ability to manage and lead projects cross-functionally from inception to completion. Exercise knowledge in strategizing for the most effective methods, approaches, and level of communication and engagement.
- Responsible for clinical administrative operations activities involving clinical finance support and/or assistance with contract negotiations. Completes responsibilities in a timely, organized way.
- Identifies issues/problems and provides customary recommendations for solutions. May focus on either contracts or finance or both areas based on business need. Coordinates and ensures that monthly payment processes are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance requests for appropriate supplier accounts are accurately serviced in a timely manner.
- Works on diverse business problems that require financial analysis with oversight from more senior individuals in department. Assists clinical teams in resolving financial issues as they relate to either site or vendor contracts.
- Coordinates the preparation, execution, and tracking of domestic and/or international clinical site agreements, including study-specific budget templates, contracts and other documents with specific guidance from manager.
- Works closely with internal and vendor clinical teams to ensure rapid start-up of study sites. Responsible for tracking the progress of study-start-up activities as it relates to contracts and budgets.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Pharma or Biotech experience preferred
- Minimum 5 plus years of project management experience or other relevant experience related to contract administration, clinical payments or finance
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with proven demonstration
- Knowledge of GCP, ICH, GLP and other local and federal tax regulations
- Proficiency in MS Project and standard desktop tools including, but not limited to, MSWord, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- BA/ BS required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Clinical Research Associate