The Clinical Data Analyst will perform data analysis and provide accurate, timely information that can be acted upon by Kettering Health Network Leadership, medical staff departments, and other network entities as required. This position supports Kettering Health Network’s Key Results Areas and Quality Initiatives by providing routine reports or ad-hoc reports regarding physician practice performance, clinical quality metrics, patient satisfaction, and additional data sets from multiple sources as identified in the hospital-wide quality assessment and performance improvement program.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Using software tools to extract and verify data required to populate solution sets. Tools include but not limited to Microsoft Office Business Intelligence, data management, business analytics platforms (SQL, SSMS), and Care Management data bases.
- Developing solutions for standard operational reports, ad hoc queries, drill-down analytics, and data visualization (dashboards).
- Identifying potential network quality problems, including performance issues, and providing analysis to help drive towards a resolution.
- The ability to effectively collaborate within peer groups, and throughout the customer base.
A Bachelor’s Degree in health analytics or a data / business related degree is required.
Advanced Excel knowledge required.
Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in data analysis, decision support, interpreting and reporting results of analysis.
- Experience writing SQL queries, experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Suite is also preferred.
- Experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Familiarity with quality improvement principles, process improvement and their application preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize duties and projects in order to meet scheduled deadlines.