Smile America Partners....The Nation’s Largest In-School Dental Program
For over 20 years, Smile America Partners has been changing children's lives one small-smile at a time. Come join our team in our continuing efforts of providing dental care to children in need.
We are looking to add a Clinical Dental Optimization Specialist to our team who will work with dentists and health care professionals to help expand and maintain our program. The services we provide primarily focus on children who suffer from poor hygiene and who may also not have easy access to dental care. We truly believe in the importance of this mission and would welcome you as part of the team.
If you're interested in the mission and want to learn more about this opportunity, please email your contact information to Eric directly at ELACOLLA@mobiledentists.com. Or apply directly online and we will review your application ASAP.
Learn more about Smile America Partners!
What we Offer:
- Evenings, Weekends and Summers off!
- Flexible work hours (M-F)
- Excellent benefit packages
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Holiday's
Under the direction of the Clinical Optimization Manager, this position is responsible to assist aspects of quality programs and projects that enable Smile America Partners to measure, monitor, and improve the effectiveness and quality of the care and service provided to our customers.
- Conduct detailed review of selected clinic records to evaluate the effectiveness and quality of services delivered by affiliated dental practice providers to ensure clinical, regulatory and reimbursement standards are met
- Implement action plans to ensure ongoing performance improvement; evaluate the outcomes and effectiveness of corrective steps in relation to job performance, patient care, customer service and staff retention
- Investigate and evaluate significant complaints and occurrence reports concerning patients, families, host schools, staff, and other customers; ensure the timely and effective follow-up of all identified or assigned issues
- Provide communications and support to affiliated dental practice teams
- Triage after-hour emergency calls
- Contribute expertise to develop and improve quality improvement activities
- Some travel may be required
Qualifications & Requirements:
- RDA, CDA or RDH professional licensure preferred (DA acceptable)
- Minimum 3 years active clinical practice
- Experience in quality assessment/performance improvement preferred; expertise in clinical documentation review desired'
- Must be able to assess charting, documentation, and x-rays (identification of specific anomalies)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to develop creative solutions
- Strong attention to detail and ability to bring customer satisfaction to successful completion
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Basic computer skills
Office setting which typically requires time sitting, daily use of general office equipment, computer keyboard, copier, and fax machine, make and receive telephone calls.
Smile America Partners is the nation's leading in-school dental program founded almost two decades ago by two moms, who happen to also be dentists. The founders saw a tremendous need among underserved school aged children who did not have easy access to dental care and who often suffered from poor oral hygiene, tooth decay, pain and associated medical problems. Knowing that many parents could not take their children to the dentist due to issues including time off from work and transportation challenges, they sought to bring the care to the need. Today, through its dental partners, Smile America Partners provides preventive and restorative care to approximately 500,000 children per year.
Tooth decay is the most common, and preventable disease among children, more common than asthma. In fact, each year, over 51 million school hours are lost due to oral health related issues.
Smile America Partners affiliates with state licensed dentists, hygienists and assistants who use state-of-the-art portable equipment to provide all services onsite, directly in the school or in a self-contained mobile dental facility on site at the school. If portable equipment is used, classrooms, auditoriums or other school venues are literally transformed into fully functional dental offices for the day. Our expertise, obtained through years of experience bringing mobile dental care to schools, as well as through our highly qualified staff, enables us to bring exceptional care with minimal disruption to the normal school routine.
Smile America Partners is currently active in 20 states and has ongoing strategic partnerships with over 8,000 school districts, including 21 of the 25 largest school districts in the country.
Given the ongoing lack of access for many underserved children across the country, our services are in great demand and we are always looking for caring, compassionate professionals to join our team and play their part in making a difference in the lives of today's underserved children.
Rewarding Work. Competitive Compensation. Smile America Partners.
Smile America Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.