Clinical Dietitian Part Time
AdventHealth Palm Coast
Location Address: 60 Memorial Medical Parkway Palm Coast, Florida 32164
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Palm Coast
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement, Health Insurance
- Amazing Organization to work for
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Palm Coast, FL.
Part time hours - 24 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- The Clinical Dietitian works closely with the interdisciplinary health care team to provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy that are integrated and compatible with the patient’s medical program goals and objectives.
- Primary responsibilities include developing and implementing nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy using established standards of care and practice protocol/guidelines; managing resources in a cost effective manner; participating in performance improvement efforts; and maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice.
- Utilizes hospital policies and procedures to provide timely and appropriate nutrition intervention and therapy within the scope of practice defined by the hospital.
- Develops of a therapeutic plan of specialized nutrition support, including enteral and/or parenteral nutrition.
- Provide recommendations for an individualized plan for nutrition intervention.
- Conducts in-services and educational presentations to hospital/department staff.
- Precepts and trains dietetic interns, nutrition students and new employees
- Assist in budget request and planning as needed
- Adheres to budget restraints, managing resources (time, materials, and staff) in a cost-effective manner.
- Controls costs and minimizes waste
- Precepts, develops and evaluated dietetic interns
- Maintains dietetic registration and continuing education requirements.
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for professional growth and development including participation in professional organizations and activities, workshops, seminars, and staff development programs.
- Other duties as assigned
What will you need?
- One year experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Experience using Cerner electronic medical record-required.
- Must be knowledgeable with the National Research Council’s Recommended Dietary Allowances.
- Must be able to communicate patient nutrition needs to the physician, nursing staff, and other appropriate staff.
- Ability to apply Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Care Process.
- Completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (AND).-required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in dietetics, foods and nutrition, or related area required.
- Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)-required.
- Florida Department of Health dietitian/nutritionist license-required
- Job Summary: