St. Joseph's Medical Center is a member of Dignity Health. The word "dignity" perfectly defines what our organization stands for, showing respect for all people by providing excellent care. St. Joseph's Medical Center, was founded in 1899 under the direction of the Dominican Sisters of San Rafael, is a not for profit, fully accredited, regional hospital with 395 beds, a physician staff of over 400, and more than 2,400 employees. Specializing in cardiovascular care, comprehensive cancer services and women and children's services including neonatal intensive care. St. Josephs is the largest hospital as well as the largest private employer in Stockton, California. Nationally recognized as a quality lead, St. Josephs is consistently chosen as the "most preferred hospital" by local consumers.
Provides medical nutritional therapy to patients by assessing nutritional status, developing a plan of care to maintain or improve nutritional status, periodically evaluating the patient's response to the plan of care, and modifying it as required for optimal outcomes. Counsels patients and/or families about food requirements, eating habits and therapeutic nutrition.
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches and principles of Medical Nutrition Therapy and ability to plan, develop and deliver nutritional interventions as well as provide individualized dietary consultations.
- Knowledge of and ability to assess patients and develop and implement a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of education concepts and techniques; the ability to educate people about food requirement, eating habits, and therapeutic nutrition.
- Knowledge of principles and practices associated with menu planning; ability to plan nutritious and varied meals for patients and staff.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations governing dietary guidelines; ability to apply these theories to design, develop and maintain a healthy diet.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques; ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
Education and Experience:
- Experience as a Registered Dietitian
- Registered Dietitian License
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition or related field
- When Staffing permits, Registered Dietitians with less than 1 year of experience or RD eligible applicants who have completed an accredited internship may be considered
- Experience working in an acute care hospital is highly preferred.