Food and NutritionServices Department
Aventura Hospital &Medical Center
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA Healthcare’s East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical surgery hospital providing award-winning procedures. Leveraging the latest technologies and treatment protocols, Aventura meets both the elective and emergency healthcare needs of its neighboring communities and international visitors. Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and is certified as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. Aventura’s Comprehensive Community Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and they are an American College of Radiology accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is home to a community rich in diversity and infused with world class culture. A prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
The Clinical Dietitianworks under the direction of the Clinical Nutrition Services Manager to ensurethat patient’s nutritional needs are met. Visits, screens and prioritizespatient care based on acuity level, affecting the nutritional care of patients.Assesses nutritional needs, develops and implements nutritional care, andevaluates and reports these results appropriately. Coordinates these activitieswith the department’s management team, cooperating with other areas of thedepartment. Serves as a role model for the department.
- Appropriately documents medical nutrition treatment plan in the patient’s medical record indicating all pertinent data and information.
- Completes and documents patient education i.e. food drug interaction, nutrition counseling as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of PPE with a thorough understanding of procedures to minimize exposure in keeping with the safety culture within the hospital.
- Takes on an active role in the reviewing / developing and or approving of the diet manual, patient menus, nutrition education materials related to patient care.
- Plans, implements, correlates and supervises all activities related to the total therapeutic diet program and the teaching related to therapeutic diets.
- Records nutritional progress notes concisely and accurate in the medical record in the SOAP format utilizing existing online documents.