United Surgical Partners International is a company that specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities in the United States and the UK. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees are our number one assets.
Job Summary - Clinical Director
The clinical director is responsible for overseeing and developing the ambulatory surgical center’s clinical departments through key tasks such as hiring, evaluating, mentoring, scheduling, and supervision. We seek a professional with proven but flexible strategies to allow for continued growth for the business. A clinical director should be able to solve problems quickly and effectively using excellent critical thinking skills with emotional intelligence to deal with staff at all levels within the organization.
Responsibilities and Expectations
The following description of the job responsibilities and performance expectations are intended to reflect the major responsibilities of the job, but is not intended to describe the minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
This professional is expected to implement the functions of staff development programs, quality assurance, monitoring budgets for service programs. They must also work with other members of the management team and communicate effectively with them. Additionally, the clinical director will develop and plan strategies to manage program growth and ensure business sustainability.
Qualifications for this role include professional experience with management and staff supervision, including working with a team. Ambulatory experience is not necessary, but a plus. Preference for surgical experience in the clinical areas of pre-op/pacu or perioperative nursing. The right candidate should be able to understand and demonstrate the ability to generate revenues for clinical services, as well as have experience in client billings, knowledge and adherence to regulations such as Joint Commission, CMS standards of care, fiscal budgets and performance improvement. The clinical director should have great communication skills and be open to working flexible hours. Additionally, the clinical director needs to possess great organizational and program development skills, as well as experience in basic computer software such as the Microsoft Office suite.
- This professional is also required toattend all mandatory in-services and meetings.
- Attends annual Safety and Competency education session
- Act in accordance with the vision, mission and business of the Center.
- Our Director of Nursing enjoys: No calls/weekends/holidays/CE's available.
- Graduate of a professional school of Nursing.
- Professionals with a BSN or higher degree will only be considered.
- Current license as aAZ Registered Nurse.
- Current certification in BLS and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- At least five years operating room/critical care experience.
- At least two years supervisory experience in the outpatient surgery area.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients and others.
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities of a Staff Nurse are required for this position.