The Clinical Director, Employee Health, Education & Infection Control position is responsible for aligning business objectives for leading Employee Health & Wellness, Infection Control and Clinical Education reporting to the CHRO and indirect reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO). The position serves as strategist, process owner and hands on leader/manager/expert to meet the needs of the Home Health & Hospice, Children Family and Health Institute (CFHI), Visiting Physician Services and Community Health Centers (CHC) healthcare businesses.
- Leads team responsible for all aspects of the employee health program including: the evaluation, follow-up, and ongoing care of employees as required, including pre-employment evaluations, vaccinations, wellness and related health records and reports.
- Lead Employee Screening, Tracking and Testing programs related to COVID-19
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group and business to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Analysis/Oversight of OSHA Reporting and workers compensation trends.
- Review and management of incident reporting , and follow up with reporting of trends to managers
- Provides oversight of employee infection control program, including surveillance of employees and maintaining infection control logs of employees.
- Lead Case Management of Employee exposure to all infectious diseases, including Covid -19.
- Provide oversight related to Vaccine education, administration and tracking
- Lead team responsible for the development and coordination of the infection control program. Isolates sources of infection, educates people to reduce the spread of infection and devises strategies to prevent the spread of infection.
- Prepares and delivers presentations, organizes data collection, and provides data analysis.
- Acts (or delegate) as liaison with health department.
- Provides infection control educational service assessment and improvement studies. Serves as a resource for community and organization.
- Oversight for developing & implementing, evidence-based, quality education programs/activities to promote individual development, competency & delivery of high-quality clinical service. Annual programs: ACT – Annual Compliance Training and ACE – Annual Clinical Education.
- Collaborating with management, staff and external partners to assess, integrate, and evaluate educational needs & resources.
- Lead team that conducts new staff orientation, review of care management, intake, and utilization management activities & documentation.
- Lead team in planning, developing, evaluating and implementing educational programs and training activities based on assessed learning needs of the MLTC/Strategic clinical team.
- Lead team in providing consultation and education via orientation and Train the Trainer programs to the company’s strategic partners.
Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications:
Working Conditions/Physical Demand: Working in a business office environment with phone and computer use / Traveling to various locations
VNA Health Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.