The Clinical Educator is an integral part of the vybe urgent care clinical leadership team. This position will provide programs of orientation, training, inservice, and continuing education for vybe team members across all centers; provide supervision and guidance to team members in the acquisition of knowledge and the performance of department specific skills; and to design and implement programs to meet the learning needs of patients and their significant others. The Clinical Educator will serve as a role model by demonstrating both clinical and workplace professionalism while addressing and remediating deficiencies in the clinical environment as well as championing new procedures and protocols that may emerge within his/her scope of practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Ensure the successful onboarding of all new clinical and clinical-support team members through the development and adherence to vybe's training program and Policy and Procedure manual.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, assesses the learning needs of the team as influenced by changing technology, licensure requirements, and current standards of practice.
- Leads the new hire training and clinical orientation of incoming center team members
- Provide mandatory annual and competency trainings to teammates.
- Develops learning resource materials and programs utilizing adult education principles.
- Utilizes a variety of educational methods to present information in creative and innovative ways.
- Informs staff of available continuing education programs.
- Collaborates with other departments to develop interdepartmental education programs for staff.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of new team members when available.
- Articulates and supports vybe's company and departmental goals and philosophies to all team members.
- Provides an environment which is conducive to learning for team members.
- Develops and maintains records and reports pertinent to the educational programs provided.
- Monitors staff attendance at educational programs, including staff attendance at annual mandatory in-services.
- Assist in development, documentation and monitoring of compliance with Policies and Procedures related to all clinical functions.
- Assists in management of Quality Improvement projects and toward KPI goals as directed by Medical Director.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding proprietary business practices and strategic planning objectives as set by vybe urgent care leadership and management teams.
- Athena superuser and subject matter expert. Responsibilities include developing protocols, structural set up and KPI reporting.
- Observes team members providing care and provides instruction when needed to correct behaviors
- Identifies the learning needs of patients and the general public and develops programs to meet those needs.
- Develops instructional materials for use in patient teaching.
- Evaluates current literature and study/research findings for application to practice.
- Maintains effective communication to ensure the continuity of patient teaching between centers.
- Participates in clinical coverage of the Department by providing direct patient care and patient teaching as needed when administrative opportunities are not available and when needed during crisis situations.
- Interfaces with local schools and organizations to attract candidates.
- Serves as point of contact for clinical externships, preceptorships and individual shadowing requests.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- In-depth knowledge of all clinical functions within vybe.
- Experience in either developing a training program or providing training.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Professional communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and peers, including spoken and written forms of communication.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with staff, clinicians, senior leadership and those outside of the company.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products; specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of EMR and other healthcare systems, i.e., Onepacs and UptoDate strongly preferred.
- Ability to influence and motivate diverse work groups within and across multi-disciplinary departments.
- Willingness to travel across all vybe centers as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years, preference of 5 years clinical experience as a RN in the ER, urgent care or ambulatory care setting.
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years' experience in a training role.
- Certification/Licensure in appropriate clinical specialty.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience on athenaNet is preferred however working with an EMR is required.
- Membership and participation in related medical and administrative professional organizations preferred.
- This position is based in one or more urgent care clinics.
- Potential exposure to moderate noise and infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens.
- May require travel to other centers and meeting locations throughout Philadelphia.
- Physical requirements include bending, reaching, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, pushing and pulling throughout a regular work shift. Requires manual dexterity and ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Competitive salary
- Generous employer contribution towards team member medical and vision benefits
- Free team member dental insurance coverage
- Free short-term disability benefits
- Free life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Causal dress code
vybe urgent care is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
DISCLAIMER: The above job description has been written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, It is not written to be inclusive of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job.