The Department of Medical Imaging at the University of Arizona - Tucson and Banner University Medical Group is seeking BC/BE applicants for a full-time faculty position in Mammography.
Banner University Medicine Advanced Breast Imaging is an ACR accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, providing a full spectrum of state-of-the-art breast imaging technology and interventional capabilities. Our center is a freestanding outpatient facility that is integrated with the University of Arizona Cancer Center, the only NCI Cancer Center in Arizona. We are part of a highly collegial and supportive multidisciplinary breast care team with National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) designation. Our Breast Imaging section seeks a self-motivated, team-oriented, compassionate individual with outstanding interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to clinical excellence. Additional expectations include meaningful engagement in research and significant contribution to the education of medical students, residents and fellows.
The successful candidate will receive a faculty appointment to the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials.
Job Details, Essential Functions & Technology
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5 PM (no weekends)
- 1.0 FTE, 4 clinical days & 1 academic day
- Annual volume: 8,500 screening mammo, 3,000 diagnostic mammo/US/MRI, 500 procedures
- ACR - Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Digital Breast Tomosynthesis and DBT-guided breast biopsy
- Breast US and US-guided breast biopsy
- Breast MRI and MRI-guided breast biopsy
- Pre-operative Savi Scout localization
- US-guided cryoablation of fibroadenomas
- Breast Imaging Fellowship program
- Innovation/research technology and support
- CT breast imaging research
- Valid AZ license (or eligible to receive)
- Fellowship training required
- Position open to experienced physicians and physicians just out of fellowship
- 5+ years of post-training experience preferred
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Moderate cost of living
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- Paid malpractice
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
The Department of Medical Imaging provides clinical service to Banner - University Medical Center (BUMC) which includes the sole Level 1 Trauma Center in southern Arizona, the Diamond Childrens Medical Center, University of Arizona Cancer Center, South Campus Hospital, University Medical Imaging and community sites throughout Arizona. The Department of Medical Imaging and BUMC are undergoing major growth and investment making this an attractive opportunity for the successful candidate. The department has a strong research core and is undergoing major investment in facilities and advanced technology.
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner - University Medicine, that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine with the missions of patient care, teaching and research - across three academic medical centers.
Banner - University Medical Center Tucson, formerly University of Arizona Medical Center - University Campus, is consistently listed among the nations top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report and has the Magnet designation for outstanding nursing care.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer