The Department of General Surgery at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group are actively seeking a Pediatric General Surgeon to provide a full range of services at its Tucson campus. The Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, is a dynamic environment offering comprehensive and multi-disciplinary surgical and medical care for our patients. Our Surgeons provide the best in patient care, resident and medical student education and training, and extensive community and academic endeavors. This position is an integral part of the women and children service line focus in the Tucson market.
The department is seeking an individual who is able to work with diverse students, trainees and colleagues. The qualified candidate will be Board Certified or board eligible in Pediatric General Surgery as well as:
- Perform a variety of pediatric general and specialized surgeries on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- Hold pediatric general surgery outpatient clinics at various locations in the Tucson area.
- Serve as a clinical advisor to medical students and residents via lectures, didactics, mentoring and clinical instruction.
- Take night and weekend call
- Conduct research appropriate to academic medicine
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Board certified or board eligible in Pediatric Surgery
- Evidence of clinical and didactic teaching ability.
- Established expertise in working with diverse patient populations.
The candidate selected will have the opportunity to develop a fulltime clinical practice, educate residents and medical students and be encouraged to participate in clinical and/or basic science research and will have a faculty appointment.
Banner – University Medicine, with locations in Phoenix and Tucson, makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. Academic medicine provides patients the best health care has to offer in the areas of research, teaching and patient care.
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson, formerly University of Arizona Medical Center – University Campus, is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report and has the Magnet® designation for outstanding nursing care.
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your CV for immediate consideration
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.