The Division of General Pediatrics at the University of Arizona seeks a qualified candidate to join the group as a Clinical Assistant or Clinical Professor. The incumbent will participate with the other members in a number of activities including resident and medical student education, clinical research, child advocacy, and new program development. Clinically, the division staffs two teaching clinics, newborn nursery and provides care for children with a variety of special health care needs in Southern Arizona. The department seeks individuals who are able to work with diverse students, trainees and colleagues, and has experience with a variety of teaching methods and curricular perspectives.
The selected candidate will hold an academic title with the University of Arizona that is consistent with their credentials
Banner University Medical Center - Wilmot Clinic
535 N Wilmot
Tucson, AZ 85704
Banner University Medical Center - Tucson
1501 N. Campbell Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85724
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide primary care to children served by the Division of General Pediatrics
- Participate in clinical research.
- Participate in the teaching of medical students and residents.
- Shared call with Division of General Pediatrics colleagues- currently 1:12
- Average Patient Load: 20/day
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Arizona medical license obtained by start date
- BE or BC in Pediatrics
- Position open to both new grads and experienced physicians
- Excellent clinical and teaching skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Established expertise working with diverse patient populations
- Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming and nearby skiing.
- Heritage and culture: galleries, old presidio, museums, missions
- Culinary: great selection of cuisine with vibrant, newly renovated downtown
Banner – University Medicine, with locations in Phoenix and Tucson, makes the highest level of care accessible toArizona residents. Academic medicine provides patients the best health care has to offer in the areas of research, teaching and patient care.
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson, formerly University of Arizona Medical Center – University Campus, is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report and has the Magnet® designation for outstanding nursing care.
Banner – UniversityMedical Center Phoenix, formerly Banner Good SamaritanMedical Center, is a nationally recognized academic medical center, highly regarded for its expertise to treat some of the most complex medical cases. Iti s the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix.
Banner – University Medical Center South, formerly University of Arizona Medical Center – South Campus, is a comprehensive medical center with an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. It is a state-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and is designated a senior-friendly hospital by Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders.
Banner University Medical Center offers excellent compensation plus incentives, fully paid occurrence based malpractice, paid CME plus allowance and outstanding benefits that provide security for you and your family
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.