Clinical Geneticist - F09230
The Department of Human and Molecular Genetics at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) is seeking an outstanding candidate for the position of Clinical Geneticist.
The Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Human and Molecular Genetics provides multifaceted clinical and research activities focusing on current important areas of medical and basic research. Our 24 faculty members conduct research, clinical and educational activities at the VCU Medical Center, the Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics and the VCU Institute of Molecular Medicine.
- Assistant/ Associate level position, non-tenure track
- 80% Clinical, 20% Academic
- Great office and ancillary support
- Genetic evaluation and counseling of patients with diverse genetic disorders. Including inborn errors of metabolism, birth defects, cancer genetics, and high risk pregnancies
- Teach fellows, residents, and medical students
- Participation in Department's Telemedicine initiatives
- Opportunity to work with an integrated group
- Board eligible/certified in Medical Genetics (ABMG)
- Expertise in Biochemical and Molecular Genetics is a plus
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level preferred
- Interested applicants should apply online to www.vcujobs.com and also submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position, current Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.