DescriptionUnder the direction of the Technical Supervisor and Technical Manager perform and demonstrate proficiency and understanding of technical procedures on pediatric, adult and geriatric patients in one or more discipline of the Clinical Laboratory. Provide technical support for problem resolution to other CLS 2, CLS, and Laboratory Assistants. Responsible for validity of test results, result reporting, specimen handling, and maintenance of necessary department records.
Clinical Lab Scientist License (CLS-L)
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a clinical laboratory working as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist required.
Skills & Knowledge
• Mastery of federal and state wage and hour laws/regulations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, rate ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to perform basic statistical functions.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to work with laboratory information system.
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word and EXCEL.
**Sign-On Bonus Available to external candidates - in accordance with Sutter Health policy**
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Life Insurance