Sutter Gould Medical Foundation (SGMF) is a non-profit, multi-specialty health care organization affiliated with Sutter Health. Based in Modesto, SGMF provides quality medical care, health education and research activities in a five-county Central Valley area. SGMF's medical staff includes family practitioners, internists and pediatricians, as well as a range of specialist physicians. Services include imaging, nuclear medicine, a health library, health education programs, occupational medicine, cardiac rehabilitation, diabetes education, nutrition counseling, infertility counseling, weight management.
- BS/BA in medical technology or an acceptable related field from an approved school of Medical Technology, State College or University.
- State of California Clinical Laboratory Scientist licensure issued by the California State Department of Public health, Laboratory Field Services is required.
- Evidence of the required continuing education needed to maintain California licensure.
- Minimum of three years experience as a CLS in either a clinical or hospital setting is necessary.
- The requirement of three years experience allows the laboratory to staff the CLS with a laboratory assistant/phlebotomist/receptionist after hours, weekends and holidays.
- In this capacity the CLS accepts the role of supervising CLS.
- It is desirable that the CLS be active in an appropriate professional organization such as CAMLT, ASCP.
- Must be well versed in all aspects of medical technology and laboratory practice with LIS knowledge desirable.
- Proven ability to plan, organize activities, and prioritize multiple processes simultaneously.
- Must possess written/verbal communication in the English Language and problem solving skills.
- The CLS will be able to manage their own time effectively and have the initiative to work efficiently without constant supervision and direction.
- Organizational skills are important for this position.
- The ability to pay attention to detail is critical.
- The ability to be part of a team and work well with all levels of staff.
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement