Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Clinical Laboratory Technologist for the Flow Cytometry department who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
As a Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Flow Cytometry you will work under general supervision. You will be responsible for performing highly complex laboratory testing procedures. You will figure out acceptability of specimens for testing, prepare clinical specimens and identify specimen related problems.
In this position, you will need to analyze specimens and review and release test results. You will have the means to prepare stock solutions, reagents and cocktails used in the laboratory. You will then test these based on standard criteria and document all observations.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Demonstrates initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback
- Maintains laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required
- Participates in continuing education
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in one of the chemical, physical, or biological sciences with the addition of at least one year of laboratory experience/training/training course is required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology is preferred
- Level I: 1+ years of clinical reference laboratory work with Flow experience strongly preferred
- Level II: 4+ years of clinical reference laboratory experience with Flow strongly preferred
- Level III: 6+ years of clinical reference laboratory experience with Flow strongly preferred
- Nationally: ASCP, AAB or AMT certification required
- Florida: Current state license to perform laboratory testing required.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques
- Possesses appropriate computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good social skills and attention to detail
- Motivated to work independently and within a team environment
- Willing to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for certain departments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds