Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve – without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive human experience.
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is attuned to the healthcare issues that matter to the people of North Brooklyn. Woodhull focuses on preventing disease and promoting healthy lifestyles by reaching out to the community at 15 convenient locations. Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a non-smoking facility.
Assignment Level III
Under direction, with very broad latitude for independent judgment and decision making, supervises, trains, assigns work to, and evaluates work performance of personnel in a small laboratory or laboratory sub-unit performing routine and complex clinical laboratory tests and analysis. In addition to performing the typical tasks of the lower Assignment Levels at a higher level, also performs the following:
Examples of Typical Tasks:
- Maintains a program of quality control and participates in a program of quality assurance.
- Advises staff on appropriate methods and techniques.
- Oversees the ordering and maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment as well as the preparation, packaging, labeling, and standardization of laboratory media and reagents; records results and pertinent data of prepared products or oversees this function.
- Prepares labels, packages and standardizes laboratory media, reagents, controls and specimens for use in analyses.
- Prepares work orders for laboratory repairs.
- Assists in developing and revising laboratory policies and procedures.
- Conducts tests and/or other complex analyses.
For Appointment to Level II
- Valid license as a clinical laboratory technologist issued by the NYSED.
For Appointment to Level III
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements of Assignment Level II, appointment to Level III requires:
- One year of full-time paid experience as a technologist performing pertinent tests and analyses in a clinical laboratory as defined in Title V, Section 571 of the New York State Public Health Law.