Clinical Laboratory Technologistat AdventHealth Palm Coast
Location Address: 60 Memorial Medical Parkway Palm Coast, Florida 32164
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Palm Coast
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
$5,000 Sign on Bonus and up to $3,000 Relocation Bonus
High End Technology in the Lab
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Palm Coast, FL
Full Time / Evening shift 8 hrs and Night 3 /12hr Shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Obtains or receives specimens, performs a variety of standardized tests including advanced and specialized tests using techniques and equipment.
- Interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability and critical limits.
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into medical record within required timeframes.
- Conducts maintenance, performance checks and calibrates instruments in one or more laboratory area.
- Recognizes biohazards specimens and processes the specimen accordingly.
- Evaluates media, reagents and standards according to established criteria.
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical tests, instruments, reagents, media and other products.
- Evaluates results of quality control, implements corrective action when indicated, and documents action.
- Assesses the validity of laboratory results through correlation of data with patient chart information.
- Anticipates and recognized errors, responding in an appropriate manner.
- Assists with and may supervise training of Medical Technology students and/or new employees
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of laboratory procedures as they relate to specific age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric).
- Fulfills other position responsibilities on a temporary basis or to expand current duties by updating the position description.
- Mandatory CBL compliance
- Mandatory Fire training
What You Will Need:
- Computer proficiency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or a Bachelor’s degree in a related science with approved clinical laboratory scientist training required OR Associate’s Degree with at least two years of experience.
- One year hospital experience in a clinical laboratory setting required.
- Active Florida License as a Generalist Medical Technologist or Specialist Medical Technologist in one or more areas of the Laboratory required
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.