Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare’s Heart & Vascular Institute's Vascular Surgery Department leads the state in advancing the medical and surgical/endovascular treatment of cerebrovascular disease, which affects blood vessels and, in particular, the arteries that supply blood to the brain.
Advanced Practice Leader Role Scope:
• Assisting with compiling team scheduling to meet the needs of the department/service
• Provide Kronos data input for the team
• Assisting the Team Leader in determining suitability for team member utilization of Choice Time and CME excused time
• Determining ongoing staff education needs and assist in the planning/coordination of educational programs to meet these needs
• Assist the Team Leader / Medical Director in ensuring compliance with mandatory staff training and documentation
• Assist the Team Leader / Medical Director with ensuring staff compliance with medical staff and Department of Surgery credentialing requirements
• Assist in determining the educational needs of nursing staff in the various units who care for general surgery patients and work with the nurse managers to implement such teaching
• Serve as a liaison between nurse managers and the Team Leader and the Advanced Practitioner Physician Director to identify individual floor concerns, issues, and needs
• Where appropriate and necessary, serve on floor/hospital-wide committees to help promote patient safety, enhanced patient care, and other balanced scorecard initiatives
• Participate in the development of service-based competency training and credentialing of new advanced practitioner hires
• Assist the Team Leader in identifying and assisting him/her in the handling of minor personnel matters
Hartford HealthCare Advanced Practitioners Enjoy:
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
• Competitive Compensation
• Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
• Generous Paid-Time Off
• Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
• Tuition reimbursement program
• State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
• LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
• Access to Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners
• Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner (APRN) Requirements:
Nurse Practitioners (APRN) positions require National certification in Advanced Practice, MSN, and current Connecticut Nurse Practitioner (APRN) License or eligible required. Physician Assistants (PA) positions require current CT Physician Assistants License and Board certification or eligible. All disciplines require the demonstrated ability to positively interact with medical and nursing staff. Critical Care experience in Medicine, vascular, surgery is preferred. Adult-gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner AGACNP board certification and/or critical care Advance Practitioner experience
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.