The Clinical Liaison Professional (CLP) within a facility acts as a resource for all patients referred to Hospice by the hospital
partner, health system or the physician. The CLP will coordinate care for all hospice referrals to the agency beginning with the
initial referral process. After that initial referral is made, the CLP will continue to coordinate care for all patients being provided
care though the hospice agency.
Lancaster Hospice Care, a part of LHC Group, is seeking a Clinical Liaison Professional. LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
* Coordinates the referral of patients to hospice, ensuring that all patients are given a choice of the hospice care services they
* Evaluates patients eligibility and suitability upon request from the physician.
* Receives and writes referrals from the physician and sends to the appropriate branch of the hospice agency.
* Acts as a liaison between the patient/caregiver and the physician and the physician and the hospice agency.
* Coordinates the care of the patient between the physician and the hospice agency and updates the hospice agency of any and
all changes through a conference note.
* Generates orders given by the physician and forwards to the hospice agency.
* Schedules and coordinates physician appointments when appropriate.
* Receives patient reports from the agency field staff and communicates those reports directly to the physician/nurse.
* Communicates to the hospice agency any orders or changes that the physician implements.
* Responsible for reducing to writing any verbal physician orders, getting the orders signed and getting a copy of the orders to
the hospice agency. Follows up to ensure that the original order is mailed or delivered to the hospice agency.
* Facilitates getting forms signed by the physician for hospice patients.
* Handles all calls related to medication refills after physician approval. Calls in the refill and notifies the hospice agency and the
* Works directly with the health system - is visible, available and ready to serve the patients needs with a sense of urgency.
* Maintains a professional relationship with all health system employees in an effort to maintain the preferred Hospice provider
* Is quick to resolve any issues, complaints or concerns involving the ROD at all times.
* Be available for on-call after hours and weekends as assigned.
* Respond to referral source and/or discharge planner as needed.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Must be a licensed RN in the state of practice.
* Prior Hospice experience required.
* Current drivers license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.