Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career where
your skills and passion for delivering quality care make
a positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 57,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
This position is responsible and accountable for assisting the CM III, IV, or V, in all aspects of clinical services delivery. The Clinical Manager II (CM II) may be accountable for assisting with multiple teams and or programs that may or may not be related and may or may not be based together. The CM II is accountable to ensure that every team or program routinely obtains minimum productivity benchmarks and complies with all agency metric protocols. The CM II is responsible for assisting with the overall clinical operation of a team or program that has multiple components, and/or multiple teams and dimensions that must be coordinated on a daily basis. The CM II assists with ensuring all programs sustain any required licenses and comply with all payer documentation and data requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Assisting with the management of the day-to-day operations of the assigned clinic(s) and or program(s) according to a business profit-center model
- Assist in responsibility for the clinicians who work in the clinics, the QMHPs and licensed staff, as well as the Peer Counselor associated with each designated clinic and/or program.
- Interfaces routinely with the CM III, IV, or V, Medical Director, and the Business Coordinator to ensure the clinic operates at maximum capacity and efficiency.
- Routinely utilizes advanced communication skills both written and verbal and problem solves daily.
- Assists with achieving monthly, targeted budget goals through effective management of revenue streams and controlling variable expenses in collaboration with the CM III, IV, or V.
- Assists with completion of weekly reporting according to Continuous Operations Improvement guidelines and is pro-active in developing solutions around exceptions.
- Assists with ensuring every program and team complies and meets agency performance metrics, e.g., volume, late charting, unauthorized services, productivity, and training.
- Assists with ensuring the team(s) achieves targeted clinical outcomes (keeping people out of the hospital, helping people find and keep jobs, stable housing and adhering to medication appointments.
- At the direction of the CM III, CM IV, or CM V, collaborates with Medical Director & Business Coordinator to ensure that patients are not sent away without being served. Reports problems to CM III, CM IV, or CM V.
- At the direction of the CM III, CM IV, or CM V, works effectively with the Business Coordinator and Medical Director.
- Serve as clinical mentor for clinic staff.
- Assists with fostering an environment of continuous quality improvement. Ensures that an on-going CQI process is developed and implemented and provides leadership to the CQI process, in collaboration with and thru direction of CM III, CM IV, or CM V.
- Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the ethical standards of conduct, state contract, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws
- Keeps the CM III, CM IV, or CM V aware of all issues that confront any team and/or program
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. Due to the multi-site responsibilities of this position the incumbent must be able to carry equipment and supplies (up to 15 pounds). The position requires standing and/or walking in excess of 7 hours a day.
- In-county travel.
- No overnight travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Behavioral Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, Healthcare Administration or related degree with at least 2 years results-oriented management experience in mental health or mental retardation with emphasis on activity-based budgeting and unit performance improvement. –OR- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field with at least 2 years results-oriented management experience in mental health or mental retardation with emphasis on activity-based budgeting and unit performance improvement, proven progressive management experience, working in public sector mental health/mental retardation with multidisciplinary team. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to organize work flow and develop efficient clinic procedures
- Ability to manage change and motivate employees to achieve standards
- Ability to develop a strong team atmosphere with emphasis on achieving group and individual goals
- Ability to understand financial statements and manage a budget
- Ability to detect operational shortcomings and develop solutions to correct problems
- Ability to be customer-focused and to build and maintain customer relations and overall business success
- Intermediate level on MS Excel, Email and word processing programs
- Ability to utilize Internet for resources.
- Organizational & time management abilities.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefitsEqual Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerTobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters