Clinical Manager Licensed – Head and Neck Cancer Institute – Full Time –Days
Locations: New York, NewYork
Categories: AlliedHealth – Emergency Services
Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
TheClinical Manager is a licensed clinician, with responsibility of oversight ofactivities in the assigned department.This includes policy and program development, program accreditation, staff training, hiring/interviewing newstaff, and many direct patient care/clinical duties including patientassessments both pre and post-surgery, testing, patient education, managingpatient emergencies, and working with patients and their families with diseasemanagement. This position is for an outpatient rehabilitation facility forpatients with CVD, but who also present with other medical conditions includingorthopedic, metabolic, neurological, and pulmonary issues.
- Oversees clinical, administrative and, as appropriate, programdevelopment in assigned area.
- Program development, engaging other members of the clinical andadministrative team.
- Program accreditation/certification and updating program based oncurrent rules/regulations.
- Handle financial/insurance issues and solving problems associatedwith these issues.
- Periodic review and update of policies and procedures.
- Staff training/education.
- Clinical duties, which include patient assessments, testing, andoverall health management.
- Handles patient issues related to patient experience, billing andinsurance issues.
- Use EPIC for documentation
- Participates in Head and Neck Tumor Board
- Other duties as required
- BS in a health relatedprofession, i.e. Nursing, Physiology (Masters preferred).
- NYS current clinical licensure (NP or PA and other health care professions)
- BLS, ACLS, and ACSM certified clinical exercise specialistpreferred.
- Advanced MS Office Suite user, specifically with Excel, Word,PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a commondevotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as thecity we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When youjoin us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement,education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquireand retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing workenvironment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that allemployees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on qualitypatient care.
Explore more about thisopportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employeesstrong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to providecompassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicinethrough unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diversecommunities we serve.
Formed in September 2013,The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School ofMedicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including MountSinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital,Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), MountSinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federalcivil rights laws and do not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differentlyon the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-New York