Are you an RN looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you. When you join the UCPLA team, you help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring a Clinical Nurse Administrator to supervise Registered Nurses (RNs) and nursing care at assigned homes, primarily in the Sylmar area, with oversight of two homes in Buena Park and Harbor. The Clinical Nurse Administrator is responsible for assisting the Director of Health Services (DHS) with ensuring the clinical supervision, staff training, and nursing support of ICF/DD-H residents is conducted per Title 17 and 22 regulations, Board of Registered Nursing regulations, and UCPLA policies and procedures. The Clinical Nurse Administrator shares responsibility with the DHS for agency-wide Registered Nurse (RN) support coverage on a 24-hour per day, 7-day per week basis.
Clinical Nurse Administrator Responsibilities:
- Supervise clinical orientation of new RNs at assigned locations in collaboration with the DHS
- Interact effectively with members of the nursing department, Administrators, QIDPs, Direct Support Professionals (DSPs), and other facility staff to keep them informed of each individual’s medical needs, precautions to be taken, and observations to report
- Take lead RN role for complex residents requiring more intensive nursing support, working closely with the facility RN and management team
- Provide complex case management, interpreting data and recommending appropriate and timely interventions
- Provide reports/recommendations as requested by the DCS or DHS concerning the work of the facility RNs and Health Services
- Assist in providing direct RN coverage on a limited, as needed basis, as determined by the DCS or DHS
- Ensure nursing staff awareness and compliance with Federal and State regulations on issues regarding the rights of people served
- Assist in training and certifying DSPs as Medication Technicians who administer medications in the ICF/DD-H per Title 22 regulations
- Promote effective parent/family relationships by reporting concerns and progress made by residents in a timely manner and with a supportive and constructive approach; answer questions and act as a liaison to ensure residents are provided appropriate services
- Travel to various UCPLA locations and facilities in performance of duties
- Other duties as assigned
Clinical Nurse Administrator Qualifications:
- Valid California RN License
- Must maintain valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California
- Three (3) to five (5) years of increasing responsibility as an RN
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in long term care such as an ICF/DD-H or Skilled Nursing Facility
- Supervisory and management skills
- Experience in the care and treatment of individuals with developmental disabilities preferred
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.