CLINICAL NURSE EDUCATOR
JOB CATEGORY: QUALITY / NURSE / COVID-19
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a two-pronged professional position under minimal supervision providing orientation and training for clinical support staff corporate-wide and providing support, direct care, and training for COVID-19 associated issues.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited RN nursing program. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ clinical experience in ambulatory care, Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), home care, in-patient or primary care.
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort with change and quality improvement processes.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records.
- Training experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse in New Mexico. Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment.
- Have or be able to obtain BLS certification within 30 days of hire. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certification current at all times.
- According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Must provide a current motor vehicle record.
- Must submit to a motor vehicle record check on an as needed basis and must maintain a satisfactory driving record that is within the limitations of PMS Human Resources Policy II.D.3, Automobile Usage, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Must comply with PMS Policies on Automobile Usage, II.D.3, Drug Free Workplace, III.H and applicable state and federal laws.
- May be required to complete transportation related trainings.
Clinical Nurse Educator