Position: Clinical Nurse Family Medicine
Location: Nellis AFB
Job Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Monday- Friday (40 hrs/wk)
Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Days, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on Saturday, it is observed on Friday. If the holiday falls on a Sunday, it is observed on Monday.
Vacation: Two weeks paid vacation, per SCA guidelines
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
License: Current RN from any US state/territory
Certifications: Must possess ACLS and BLS certifications
English Language Requirement: Personnel shall read, understand, speak and write English well with demonstrated organization, facilitation and communication skills.
Experience: The nurse shall have at least 24 months of experience within the last 48 months in a primary care clinic setting.
Education: Successfully graduated from a nationally accredited associate’s degree or baccalaureate degree program in nursing and holds current certification a registered nurse (RN).
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing pediatric, adolescent, adults, obstetrics, and geriatric patients, as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions and disease processes across the lifespan, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of preventive health schedules, procedures, processes and education methods.
- Knowledge of disease management and population health principles.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
TYPE OF WORK
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Strongly preferred working knowledge of the military health care system including TRICARE health benefits.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Assesses patient needs telephonically.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
- Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education and telephone triage of patients. Telephone and in-person assessment/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Prescribes and communicates treatment plans and patient teaching in accordance with established protocols. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts, in accordance with requirements.
- Makes referral appointments and arranges specialty care as appropriate.
- Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
- Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, administration of oxygen, visual acuity tests, EKGs, irrigation of eyes and ears, tympanograms, splinting, endoscopies, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
- Ensures for proper documentation of procedures and treatments.
- Ensures all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensures preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed. Ensures medication/supplies are replenished.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment,
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
- Possess the ability to perform conscious sedation or orient to conscious sedation within 60 days of arrival.
GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. GCI gives preferential treatment to veterans.
Medical Director of Family Medicine / General Practice