Are you a critical thinker who is proficient in using sophisticated equipment, and able to make rapid decisions? Are you highly organized and passionate about patient and family education? Do you work well on a team, and does interpreting cardiac rhythms and other vital patient data excite you? If you said yes, keep reading – we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
As part of the Telemetry Unit at Hoag Memorial Hospital, Irvine, you will deliver direct inpatient nursing care as per the California Nurse Practice Act, and in support of the mission of the Patient Care Services Division. Being a Hoag Clinical Nurse I means serving our community by using research and evidence-based outcomes, and collaborating with members of your team to offer the highest level of care to those who depend on us.
Inside Hoag Irvine Telemetry
Our Hoag Irvine Telemetry unit has 41 beds and a nurse to patient ratio of 1:4. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the delivery of safe, timely, and appropriate, quality care to adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients with acute cardiac medical and/or cardiac surgical diagnoses, who require extensive monitoring. You will work with post and non-surgical patients including those recovering from interventional cardiological procedures such as PCI; patients experiencing heart failure, dysrhythmias and conduction disturbances, and myocardial infarctions (MI). You may also be assigned patients who overflow from our general medical/surgical department.
Other duties may include:
- Assessing and documenting a complete physical assessment, nursing interventions, and teaching and discharge needs for patients assigned to each shift, utilizing documentation guidelines, Standards of Care and Pathway goals.
- Communicating changes in the patient's condition to the Charge Nurse/Supervisor and the physician directing care, as well as pertinent information at shift report using the patient Plan of Care (POC).
- Providing continuity of care through the implementation and utilization of the POC.
- Responding to emergency situations in a timeframe appropriate to the needs of each patient.
- Administering medications and intravenous therapy with the ability to assess the appropriate indication dosing and effects of the medication administered.
- Assessing the educational ability/level for the patient, incorporating available educational material into patient/significant other teaching and documenting understanding in the patient record.
- CERTIFIED STROKE NURSES ONLY: Completing mandatory stroke specific requirements for certification.
Hoag nurses consistently maintain a high standard of professional communication, appearance and conduct. They’re driven to excel in patient treatment and nursing, and they’re deeply passionate about their work. To that end, we’ll expect you to participate in our continuous quality improvement process and maintain a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
We’re keen on following safety measures and infection control protocols, being attentive to details, and having intimate knowledge of the populations we serve.
Hoag is the Place to Be
We believe that when you join Hoag, you become part of a family. We’re deeply committed to giving back to those who help us serve our community, making your ongoing growth and development our priority. In addition to Pay for Performance salary increases, and sponsored training opportunities, Hoag employees enjoy:
- Annual performance incentives
- Safe Harbor bonuses
- Competitive 401 (k) program with matching contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nursing Scholarships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
- On-site childcare at our Newport Beach location
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- On-site Wellness Centers in our Irvine and Newport Beach campuses that include discounted services for massage therapy, acupuncture, mediation and mindfulness, yoga, Pilates and fitness coaches
We look for passion, an ownership mentality, and out-of-the box thinking. If this is you and Hoag sounds like home, please apply. A member our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you if they want to know more.
- Active California RN License.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Successful completion of an EKG course or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year of RN experience in an acute care facility within the past three (3) years.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). If you haven't obtained a BSN upon hire, you will be asked to begin a BSN program within one year of the hire date and obtain your BSN within two years of starting the program.
- Additional skills and knowledge of various equipment and software may be required.
There’s no Place Like Hoag
Recently, Hoag was recognized as the highest ranked hospital in Orange County in a 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report. The organization was also ranked the #4 hospital in the Los Angeles Metro Area and the #8 hospital in California.
We’re an industry leader at the cornerstone of exceptional patient care – but we can’t do it without you.
To learn more about us and see our culture in action, check out this video on YouTube.
- Job ID #: 49704
- Type: Full Time
- Shift: 1st
Hoag is an equal opportunity employer.