SUMMARY: The Clinical Nurse Leader provides clinical and administrative support to a designated building at the direction of the Clinical Nursing Director. S/he supports efforts of the Clinical Nursing Director to assure that quality care is delivered in accordance with The Jewish Home's core values, policies and procedures for the 24 hour, 7 day a week operation. S/he is responsible and accountable for resident/patient care. The Clinical Nurse Leader is available for rotating scheduled week-end on-call and work if necessary.
Reports To: Clinical Nursing Director
Titles Supervised: Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, Unit Associates, Special Needs Assistants
- Ensures quality of care according to facility policies and procedures through frequent unscheduled rounds.
- Provides supervision and direction to Staff.
- Develops and monitors Nurse and Nursing Assistant assignments.
- Provides assessment when changes in resident/patient conditions occur.
- Verifies and co-signs all orders transcribed by the LPN.
- Maintains medical record according to facility and regulatory policy.
-Promotes and advances Journey initiatives.
-Maintains quality of care by providing corrective action as needed according to The Jewish Home's disciplinary guidelines and demonstrates successful completion of Core Competencies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
2. Quality Assurance
- Monitors quality of care according to established indicators.
- Adheres to the Policies and Procedures of The Jewish Home.
- Assists in identifying problems and implements corrective action.
- Works with staff and peers to develop systems which allow for consistent evaluation of nursing care.
- Seeks guidance as needed.
- Assists Clinical Nursing Director in identifying attendance and punctuality problems, coaches staff and makes timely use of disciplinary measures.
- Assists with scheduled staff evaluations in a fair, consistent and timely manner.
- Effectively communicates with all members of the interdisciplinary team to include any changes in resident condition, or changes in organizational policy& procedure or in regulatory process'.
- Actively participates in MDS completion and attends Care Plan meetings.
- Supports Clinical Nursing Director in scheduling and attends monthly staff meetings. Maintains minutes and attendance records.
- Participates in committees as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment with focus on resident comfort and safety.
- Maintains and monitors The Jewish Home's Fire, Safety and Infection Control Policies.
5. Fiscal Accountability
- Contributes to the budget process.
-Integrates and monitors cost effective measures into daily operations.
Education: RN, BSN preferred
Experience; 2 years relevant experience in management position in a geriatric healthcare setting
Licensure; RN, State of Connecticut, CPR certification