CFKC is currently looking for a full-time Clinical Nurse Manager for our XXX location. As the nurse manager, you will coordinate patient care and ensure that your clinical team is providing the highest level of care. You will have a direct impact to our patients and their families. If you are passionate about patient care, want to build long-term relationships, and driven to succeed, then apply today to be a part of the CFKC team!
CLASSIFICATION/STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT-LEVEL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assesses the status of patients directly or indirectly, based on information supplied by other staff or by personal observation.
- Provides for total patient care by coordinating activities of all members of health team.
- Prepares patient and staff schedules, assigns staff as needed to cover patient care.
- Provides directly or indirectly educational instruction on equipment, policies and/or procedures.
- Maintains directly or indirectly a safe work environment
- Interprets and adheres to the policies and procedures of CFKC and relays them to staff in a positive manner.
- Conducts surveys and studies to evaluate and improve the quality of patient care. Prepares periodic reports that compare unit supervised to state and/or national statistical data to maintain standards in delivery of care and improve quality of care.
- Assists with establishment of and responsibility for maintenance of budget.
- Continuously updates Policy and Procedure manual.
- Either directly or indirectly covers as necessary the duties of supervised personnel.
- Follows center policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for cleanliness, orderliness, and organization of assigned areas.
- Participation in QAPI process by collection of patient data and meeting monthly with the Medical Director, Social Worker, Dietitian, and water room technician to determine if quality goals being met. Works with team and under the supervision of the Medical Director to develop action plans for any corrective action needed.
- Learns and follows HIPAA policy and procedures.
- Maintains directly or indirectly the correct clock time for the computer systems that prints dialysis treatment sheets.
- Understands safety issues related to water system alarms and is able to make appropriate safe patient care decisions.
- Works at other CFKC facilities as scheduled to provide Nurse Manager duties.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervise employees assigned to the hemodialysis unit, carrying out supervisory responsibilities of the day to day duties of patient care staff in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures and with working knowledge of governing laws of ESRD.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree (A.S.) or BSN preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to function in a leadership position.
- Has at least 12 months experience in clinical nursing and an additional six months experience in nursing care of the patient with permanent kidney failure or undergoing kidney transplant, including training in and experience with the dialysis process; or, has 18 months of experience in nursing care of the patient with a kidney transplant, including training in the dialysis process.
- Must be dependable, reliable, flexible, and function well under stress. A self-starter attitude is a must!
- Must be capable of handling a code situation.
- Must require minimal supervision.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current Florida R.N. license.
- Completion of BLS, and /or ACLS, and/or PALS
- Medicine: Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Psychology: Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training: Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Mathematics ' Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Active Listening
- Social Perceptiveness
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Complex Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Oral Comprehension
- Problem Sensitivity
- Deductive Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
- Written Comprehension
- Information Ordering
- Perceptual Speed
- Selective Attention
- Fluency of Ideas
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally team lift and/or move up to 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes, or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May have intermittent exposure to unpleasant physical conditions. Exposure to mental and emotional stress is moderate. Exposure to communicable disease is occasional.
- There is frequent patient contact on a daily basis.
About CFKC:Since opening its doors in Orlando in 1972 as one of the first three dialysis units in the state of Florida, Central Florida Kidney Centers (CFKC) has become Central Florida's local not-for-profit dialysis healthcare option. We are committed to providing unrivaled dialysis care to improve the quality of life for those in Central Florida with End Stage Renal Disease. Throughout the past 40 years or providing quality care, CFKC has expanded from the Orlando area to also include Melbourne and the Space Coast.
As a dialysis provider, CFKC maintains an environment where health care is truly focused on the patient and not the bottom line. Our clinical team each day is engaged and passionate about the work we do and service we provide. We are currently searching for somebody to join us and help promote our vision of "Large Enough to Serve, Small Enough to Care"
Here is your opportunity to make a difference. Why wait? Begin to explore CFKC right now and see how we pursue our vision "Large Enough to Serve, Small Enough to Care." Visit our website at http://www.cfkc.net, or if you're social media savvy, connect with CFKC on Facebook!
CFKC offers a competitive health and welfare benefits package within 2 months of hire. Participation in the company 403(b) retirement plan is available immediately. A favorable company contribution begins after one year of service.
Summary of What We Offer:
- Group Medical Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Group Term Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Group Term Life and AD&D
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid-Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Jury Duty
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
CFKC is a Drug-Free Workplace and is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish. The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment substance test and a criminal background check.