Under general supervision, instructs, counsels, monitors and evaluates nursing personnel during orientation to hospital or unit; assists in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising staff development activities; performs duties of Charge nurse/team leader or Staff Nurse when needed.
1. Instructs, counsels and monitors the work of nursing orientees in the aspects of clinical nursing relative to assigned area; educates nursing orientees concerning nursing policies and procedures.*
2. Collaborates with Nurse Educator in planning and structuring orientation program to meet the individual orientees needs; plans daily assignments for orientees.*
3. Performs on-going assessment and regular formal evaluations of nursing staff during orientation period; documents all observations and submits recommendations to supervisor (e.g., duration of individual orientation).*
4. Assists Nurse Educator in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising the staff development activities and nursing policies and procedures.*
5. Serves as a role model and resource person for all nursing staff.*
6. Performs duties and responsibilities of charge nurse/team leader or Staff Nurse as needed or directed.*
7. Adheres to the mission, vision, values and code of Business Conduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities. Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to customer service values of respect, courtesy, ownership, privacy, professionalism and responsiveness.
8. Adheres to hospital and department policies, procedures, and objectives and performs other duties as assigned.*
* The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those marked with an asterisk. Qualifications:
1. BSN or enrollment/documented intent to complete within two years.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan. 3. Two years staff nurse experience in area of clinical specialty.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS
1. Provides training and guidance to assigned personnel.
2. Provides functional guidance and training to less skilled personnel.
3. May act as charge nurse or team leader.
4. May supervise nursing students.
DMC Receiving Hospital
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.