Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist – RN – Inpatient - General Surgery F4/6 and Orthopedic to:
- Provide leadership for the advancement of professional nursing practice.
- Evaluate clinic programs and interventions to meet the needs of the General Surgery and Orthopedic patient care population.
- Provide support to clinical learning through mentorship, clinical rounds, and practice evaluation.
Minimum – Master of Science Degree in Nursing
Minimum – Three (3) years of relevant clinical nursing experience, including expertise in General Surgery and/or orthopedic nursing
- Experience in development, implementation and evaluation of clinic programs
- Experience in clinical teaching within an education program or as a clinical preceptor/unit teacher
- Experience in academic medical center
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN licensure in the State of Wisconsin
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to function with a high degree of independence while actively collaborating with health care members providing care for patients.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
This is full-time, 100% FTE position scheduled to work 40 hours per week. The scheduled shifts will generally be Monday to Friday during daytime hours. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.