Clinical Operations Supervisor-Registered Nurse (RN)
Full-Time Days FTE 0.9
NorthwestMedical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuouslyexpanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care.Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicatesour high standards in performance providing the highest level of services tothe population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission asprimary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the AmericanCollege of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center ofExcellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric SurgeryAccreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facilitycontinues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expandedcapabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women’s and children’sservices. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICUin northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service linestranslates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. Weinvite you to join a dynamic team of dedicatedhealthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are looking to hire adedicated and passionate Clinical Operations Supervisor-Registered Nurse (RN) to provide safe and effective nursingcare to all patients utilizing the nursing process. Thestaff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary toprovide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational needs, safety needsand related criteria appropriate to the age(s) of the patients served in theassigned position. As a Clinical Operations Supervisor-Registered Nurse (RN), some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Coordinate admissions and room transfers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of inpatient admission and 23-hour observation criteria as perInterqual IS/SI criteria.
- Contact and coordinate OR Team for emergency surgery.
- Demonstrate ability to schedule GI procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and complies with infection control policies as applicable.
- Communicate actual/potential infection control concerns to the Infection ControlCoordinator in a timely manner.
- Assure personal protective equipment is available and appropriately used.
- Communicate with Administration, Medical Staff, Employees and other departments tocoordinate efforts and address concerns.
- Complete Administrative Supervisor Census Report.
- Update schedule changes in ANSOS and Master Staffing Book.
- Assess,validate patients needs, census and LUR prior to agency utilization.
- Validate appropriate paperwork of agency personnel and assures evaluations are completedas per Hospital Policy and Procedures.
- Consistentlymanages time, personnel and resources, completes projects and assignments inallotted time, completes annual employee evaluations within two (2) weeksof anniversary date as requested.
- Delegatestasks to personnel based on current competency and patient care needs.
- Consistentlydemonstrate ability to utilize nursing personnel to their potential, settingprofessional standards on nursing unit, communicating expectations to staff,assuring adequate competent staffing on a daily basis.
- Adhere to all provisions of EMTALA.
- Investigate patient, family, visitor, staff, physician concerns and takes immediate actiontoward resolution, including follow-up. Notifies appropriate department head for follow-up.
- Administer medications according to the Seven (7) Rights.
- Meet the needs of the dying patient and family and provides for emotional andspiritual support.
- Demonstrate skill and care of central lines/ VAP/IV Therapy based on current guidelines.
- Assure appropriate monitoring of patient when restrained.
- Consistentlydemonstrates effective decision making skills in the management of patient care, assisting in problemresolution, identifying potential critical situations and initiating immediateaction.