NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Pharmacist.
In this role, the successful candidate The Clinical Pharmacist will provide safe, efficacious and cost-effective pharmacotherapy to patients in their designated dispensing area.
- Completes annual competency assessments.
- Conducts monthly nursing unit reviews.
- Attend committee meetings as assigned.
- Function as a preceptor to pharmacy students.
- Provide drug information to healthcare providers and patients .
- Conduct Medication Use Evaluations as assigned.
- Document adverse drug events and medication errors via Patient Safety Intelligence .
- Document clinical interventions in iVents (EPIC).
- Provide feedback to Pharmacy Management on how to optimize workflow in their designated dispensing area.
- Accurately verify medication orders and ensure that the patients nurse receives the medication(s) in a timely manner.
- Provide clinical oversight of a designated dispensing area and ensure optimal communication with central pharmacy .
- Participate in patient care, medication counseling, and medication reconciliation .
- To fulfill the core values and mission of NYU Langone Medical Center and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of pharmacyNYS Pharmacy License and RegistrationPost-Graduate Year-1 Pharmacy Residency is strongly preferred or a minimum of 5 years clinical pharmacy experience Self motivation, excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills..
Required Licenses: Pharmacist License-NYS
Pharm. D. degree strongly preferred. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.