Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Pharmacist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years. It is home to the area’s only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs. Our Women & Children’s Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Supports the philosophy of Kingwood Medical Center by facilitating cooperation of hospital staff in a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients, physicians, fellow employees, and guests.
- Displays initiative to see processes through to completion and offers assistance without being asked.
- Maintains awareness of own limitations and seeks guidance from appropriate personnel as needed.
- Prioritizes activities of self-based on demands for service.
- Remains alert to the detection of errors in own work and the work of others with appropriate corrective actions initiated.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient rights, including those pertaining to confidentiality, informed decision-making, and privacy.
- Is aware of resources available for ethical concerns and makes appropriate referrals.
- Practices cost-efficiently.
- Performs technical skills proficiently in accordance with established standards, as evidenced by annual validation processes.
- Utilizes specialized knowledge and skill to perform job requirements.
- Accurate computer entry and verification of the physician’s order and those individuals supervised.
- Maintain computerized patient medication records including patient weight, height and allergies.
- Monitor medication therapy.
- Reconcile/fill anesthesia narcotic boxes.
- Verify medications/IVs delivered to patient care areas.
- Verify items signed out on the “After Hours Pharmacy Log.”