Langley AFB, VA
Salary : Excellent Compensation
Outstanding Full Time position for a Clinical Pharmacist Opportunity at Langley AFB in Hampton, VA!
Elevate your career and apply for our Clinical Pharmacist Opportunity in support of Langley AFB!
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D). Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
Internship/Residency: Completion of a clinical pharmacy residency or fellowship accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists or American College of Clinical Pharmacy or documentation of appropriate education, training, and/or CME in the practice of clinical pharmacy.
Certifications/Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist.
Experience: Minimum 1 year of clinical pharmacy experience after graduation within the past 3 years.
Requirements: Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
ASSIGNED DUTIES: *Please Note: A detailed Statement of Work will be provided prior to coordination of a formal interview. The Statement of Work would be specific to the Clinical Department requesting these services. The HCW shall provide services within the scope of the clinical privileges granted by the commanding officer, the applicable duties provided in the basic contract, and the following:
- Assess patient’s response to drug therapy and planning drug therapy based on physician-established diagnoses.
- Order and evaluate laboratory tests necessary to evaluate drug therapy effects and outcomes.
- Initiate, modify, or discontinue medications for ongoing therapy of chronic disease states (e.g., hypertension, hyperlipidemia, anticoagulant, diabetes, asthma, refill clinics, etc.), in cooperation with the medical staff.
- Monitor and manage pharmacotherapy requiring periodic adjustment due to specific or changing pharmacokinetic characteristics (e.g., aminoglycosides, phenytoin, antithrombotic).
- Administer prescription or non-prescription drugs according to established agreements or MTF protocols.
- Assess metabolic needs and order therapeutic enteral or parenteral nutrition products in the inpatient setting.
- Evaluate medical and medication histories for drug-related problems and adjusting drug therapy accordingly.
- Consult with other healthcare providers (e.g., physicians, dietitians, nurses, physical therapists, etc.) about patient treatment needs or options.
- Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures.
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to closely monitor medication therapy.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age specific dosage, and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients.
- Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or processed by technical staff.
- Provide medication and healthcare related in service training to clinical staff on new medications on the market; appropriate use of medications; comparison of current medication therapies; and other topics as deemed appropriate by the department head.
- Consult with other specialty practitioners to provide optimal patient pharmaceutical care.
- Document significant medication interactions, and pharmacy interactions with prescribers. Conduct Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR) reporting in accordance with The Joint Commission (TJC) or the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC) standards as appropriate.
SCHEDULING AND STAFFING
Duty Hours/Shifts: 24/7 operation to include days, evenings, night shifts, weekends, holidays and down days ranging from 8 to 12 hour shifts. Each HCW may work more than 40 hours per week, but not more than 80 hours every two weeks. Schedule to be solidified with the employee when in-processing. Employees to have a 1-hour lunch.
Place of Performance: The work to be performed under this contract will be at 633d Medical Group on Langley AFB Pharmacy. Healthcare Workers shall receive notification two (2) weeks prior to the reassignment to another location with a 40-mile commuting radius of their assigned MTF.
Platinum Business Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.platinumcorporation.com