Clinical Pharmacist Specialist - Oncology, Inpatient Pharmacy, full time days, Chicago, IL.
We're hiring for a Clinical Pharmacist Specialist for Inpatient Pharmacy as a full time days job in Chicago, IL.
Join one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in the role of Clinical Pharmacist Specialist. This opportunity allows for growth and collaboration, while supporting a team that is dedicated to enhancing lives and being on the forefront of all we do. Clinical Pharmacists Specialist are registered pharmacists who assume responsibility and accountability for the provision of safe, effective, and prompt medication therapy on Specialty Pharmacy. Clinical Pharmacists proficiently provide direct patient-centered care and integrated pharmacy operational services in a decentralized practice setting with physicians, nurses, and other hospital personnel.
Clinical Pharmacist Specialist Education and Requirements:
- Doctor of Pharmacy required
- Completion of a PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency and specialized PGY-2 residency in ongology
- BCOP certification is required within 18 months of hire
- Registered Pharmacists in the state of Illinois or eligible for same
- Significant general clinical knowledge as well as specific expertise in area of practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact constructively with supervisors, peers, support personnel, and students
- Knowledge and understanding of general hospital operations
- Ability to integrate clinical services, distributive services, education and research activities
Why Join Us
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.